Wednesday 23 February 2011

Got stains on your carpet? Review of Vanish powershot Carpet Stain Remover

I recently got sent a product from a national magazine to test and review. The product is Vanish Powershot Carpet Stain Remover.
I tried this on some very old stubborn stains on a cream carpet. I followed the instructions and sprayed the stain and left for 60 seconds and then rubbed with a clean white cloth... nothing happened. I repeated it 2 more times.. I would say the stain is less noticeable after this but still there. However I did use it on a very recent stain of some tea spillage and again I followed the instructions - sprayed and then immediately rubbed it down. This seemed to work pretty well although not 100% the first time. I repeated it again and after this second attempt the stain had pretty much gone! I would say that this product is good for new/fresh stains but not good for old/stubborn marks.
It is easy to use... in a spray can. It has quite a string odour but this doesn't linger for long. I would probably give it 7/10 for performance!

No comments:

Post a Comment